Welcome to Aura!
We've created this article to help you set up your frame and get started using the Aura App. It complements the Aura User Manual booklet that should have come with your frame.
The exact setup flow depends on whether you want to set up the frame for yourself or whether you are setting it up as a present for someone else. If you want to prepare the frame as a gift for someone else, please have a look at the different gift setup options and FAQs.
Setting up the frame for yourself:
- Unless you have already done so, download the ‘Aura Frames’ app from GooglePlay or the Apple App store on your smart device and create a free Aura account.
- Unbox your frame and plug it in. A 4-digit code will appear on the frame display.
- Open the Aura app and tap on "+NEW FRAME" to set up the new frame. If you are using the Aura app for the first time, you won't see this button but get directed directly to the next screen.
- IMPORTANT: select “it’s for me” since otherwise the frame will be set up as a gift.
- Enter the 4-digit Bluetooth code from your frame’s display into the Aura app. This initial Bluetooth connection between your frame and your smart device is only necessary to connect the frame to your WiFi. Afterwards, the frame will be connected to WiFi only.
If you run into any issues with the Bluetooth connection, please follow the troubleshooting steps in this FAQ.
- Your app will now show you a list of all available WiFi networks. Select your network and enter the WiFi password. Once your frame has connected to your network, it will display a “Connected! Please add photos in the Aura App” message.
- Finally, give your frame a name and consider inviting friends and family members that you would like to contribute to your frame.
- You can now have a look at this article since it gives you an overview of the different features that the Aura app offers: Navigating the Aura App.
If you are running into any connection issues during the setup, please have a look at this troubleshooting section.
If you need further help, please submit a detailed support request so that our Customer Care team can assist you further.