Aura’s Gift Preparation process allows the giver to personalize the recipient's gift experience by preloading a virtual gift message and photos to a frame. Once the frame connects to the final recipient’s WiFi network, the message and photos will appear on the screen.
|Usually, there is no need to manually claim a gift. Once the frame connects to the recipient’s frame, it will automatically detect and display any preloaded gift content.|
However, on very rare occasions we may need extra verification to ensure that the gift content gets linked to the intended frame. In such a case, the gift content will not be displayed automatically and the recipient needs to ask the giver for a unique gift Claim Code to unlock the gift content.
Frame Giver: Where to find the Claim Code
|The app will only create a unique Gift Claim Code if the frame is - virtually - prepared as a gift via the Gift Code on the packaging. No Claim Code will be created if the frame is physically prepared ("it's for someone else" flow).|
- Once you have finished the virtual gift preparation process (= the frame was never connected to power), the app will generate and display your personal gift Claim Code:
- Until the recipient has set up their frame on their WiFi network (= claiming the gift), you will find the gift Claim Code in the gift frame’s settings menu.
- Once the frame has been set up - and the gift has been claimed - the “Claim Code” field will disappear (alongside the “Edit Gift” and “Erase Gift” options).
Frame Recipient: How to manually claim a gift
- Set up your new frame by following the “It’s for me” setup option.
- Follow the in-app steps to connect the frame to your WiFi network.
- Once connected, any preloaded gift content (photos and virtual greeting message) should appear on your frame.
- If this is not the case, and you know that the giver had prepared the frame with preloaded content, you can contact them to ask for the “Claim Code”.
- As described in the above section, the giver will find this code in their own Aura app’s frame settings menu (you may want to share this FAQ with them).
- Next, open your gift frame’s “Frame Settings” (1) and tap on the “...” icon (2) to select the “Claim a gift” option.
- You will now be able to input the gift Claim Code to unlock the preloaded gift content on your Aura frame:
If the information in this article hasn't helped you resolve your problem, please submit a detailed support request and Aura's Customer Care Team will help.