Aura offers two different Photo Order modes to give you some control over the order in which the frame will display your uploaded photos/videos. This article explains the different modes, and how you can change them, and also answers common questions. Items are presented in “feeds” of 100, we recommend uploading over 200 photos/videos for the best functionality.
What are the different photo order modes?
In Shuffle mode, all photos are shuffled together in a randomized order, recently added photos will be shown within the next feed. It is perfectly normal that in this mode photos and videos will not shown at an equal frequency. To continue to be surprised by new photos/videos displayed on your frame, we recommend you keep adding items and invite more family and friends to be a member of your frame so they can send photos/videos directly to your frame.
|Note: The shuffle algorithm will work most effectively when you have a few hundred uploaded photos/videos.|
Chronological order shows all added items by the date they were taken, the oldest first. The photos/videos will be shown in a loop that restarts once the frame has reached the photo/video with the most recent date.
Note: When new items are added, they are not shown immediately. They are simply placed into the correct spot in the slideshow and will come up at the appropriate time.
How do I change the order of my photos?
Use the Aura Frames app to select the frame. Then, tap on the settings icon in the top right corner. You can now select "Shuffle" or "Chronological" mode:
When you change the order mode, it can take up to 15 minutes for the change to take effect since the frame may complete its current photo loop first.
Changing the photo order will also affect the Carver frame model's "Photo Match" feature algorithm.
1. (Shuffle Mode) Why are my photos/videos repeatedly displayed in the same sequence?
If you feel that the same sequence is being repeated on your screen, this is most likely due to the fact that you only uploaded a small number of files or - in rare cases - to a 'stuck' photo loop. Please try the following:
- Upload more files (we recommend a few hundred for best shuffle performance)
- Use the Aura Frames app to change the photo order to "chronological" before changing it back to "Shuffle".
2. (Chronological Mode) Why aren't my new items displayed immediately?
When new photos are added, they are not shown immediately. They are simply placed into the correct spot in the slideshow and will come up at the appropriate time.
3. (Chronological Mode) My photos/videos are not in the right time order.
Chronological order uses the metadata from a file's EXIF data section if available, which may not always be correct, especially if your photos have been exported from another device or camera. If you discover that the dates are indeed incorrect, you can edit the dates using the Aura Frames app.
- Open your frame's "Activity" or "Photos" section and tap on the photo twice.
- You should now see the metadata screen which shows the Taken date based on the file's EXIF data"
- Tap on the pencil icon and select a new date.
- Once saved, the frame will use this data to find the right place in chronological slideshow order.
|Please note that it is not possible to change the date of your photos using the Web uploader. However, you can use special picture editing software if you want to change the EXIF data in the file itself.|
You can find more information on how to set your slideshow timing HERE.
If the information in this article hasn't helped you resolve your problem, please submit a detailed support request and Aura's Customer Care Team will help.