Aura uses a special algorithm to display the photos that have been added to a frame. It is therefore normal that some photos are displayed more often than others.
Please also be aware that Aura frames don't display videos. If you upload an entire album (from your device, iCloud or GooglePhotos), the app may therefore show a smaller number of uploaded files since it will not include any videos.
My Aura APP doesn't see / doesn't allow me to select all photos or albums:
If the Aura app doesn't show or doesn't allow you to select some of your smart device's photos or albums, this is usually due to one of the following reasons:
- The photos are not compatible with the Aura app (we support jpeg, jp2, tiff, gif, png, bmp, heic file format).
- You are trying to upload an entire album via Aura's web uploader (https://app.auraframes.com/) which is not possible as explained in this FAQ.
- iOS devices: You have limited the Aura app's photo access permissions so it is unable to see all your photos. Visit this FAQ to change the settings.
My Aura FRAME doesn't show all the photos that I see in the Aura app:
|Note: Uploaded photos are instantly shown in your app (as an upload 'intent') but depending on your WiFi and the number of photos it can take a while until the photos reach our servers and your frame.
- Keep the Aura app open in the background (= don't force-close it) and connected to your WiFi network for up to 24 hours. For best results, ensure your phone is connected to power and if possible, keep Aura open in the foreground on your phone to give priority to our application.
- If the missing photos had been part of an entire album that you had "auto-added" to the Aura app, the app may have filtered them out if they were identified as duplicate or low-quality images. To check this, open the album on your Aura app and check the "hidden" section:
- If you added a large iCloud or GooglePhotos album, it may even take a few days until all photos are uploaded and displayed on your frame. Shared iCloud albums may take particularly long until they appear on your frame since Apple throttle iCloud downloads in certain situations to preserve your Apple device's battery life.
- If you selected "Optimize iPhone Storage" in your iCloud Photos setting, this can also delay the upload speed, since the full-quality photos will not be stored on your phone but on the iCloud server.
- Tap on one of the 'missing' photo in the Aura app and tap SHOW NOW. This is an additional 'upload prompt' that should result in you immediately seeing the photo on your physical frame:
If the information in this article hasn't helped you resolve your problem, please submit a detailed support request and Aura's Customer Care Team will help.