If the network you are using, requires you to view or interact with a web page in order to access the internet (captive portal), you can connect your Aura to this network using the Aura app. This can only be done using an iOS device.
This network type can often be found at airports, assisted living facilities, universities, hospitals or workplaces.
|At this time, the Android version of our app does not support WiFi setup through a captive portal. We are also unable to support networks that require a pre-authorization text message.|
However, once you connect the frame to the internet using an iOS device, a compatible Android device can be used to run the Aura app, as well as make any changes to the WiFi network, as long as the new network is not a captive portal. If it is, you will still require an iOS device.
Here is how you connect your frame to WiFi using a captive portal:
Please note: If it's your first time setting up a frame, you will need to download the Aura app, create an account, and follow the steps to set up a new frame.
Next, follow the steps that also apply to existing app users and frame owners that want to change their current frame's WiFi network to connect to a captive portal network:
Plug in your Aura frame, then open the Aura app, tap on the "A" icon in the top left corner and scroll down to select the option “+New Frame” (NOTE: also do this if you want to change your existing frame's WiFi connection to a captive portal network).
Select "It's for me" and choose “It’s plugged in”.
Next, make sure the 4-digit code displayed on the app matches the code displayed on the frame's display. Tap “Next”.
Tap “Connect Now” and select the correct WiFi network.
On your Aura frame's display, a screen will appear that says: “The network X uses a captive portal webpage to limit access to the internet. Please use the Aura app to perform additional setup.” In the Aura app you will see text that says: “Your WiFi network requires you to complete a captive portal web page. Use the app to navigate the webpage on the frame", tap “OK”.
You will now need to use the Aura app to control the cursor on your frame's display
- On your Aura frame display, you will see a web browser with instructions to connect to the internet. At the same time, your Aura app will now turn into a grey touchpad, that allows you to control the cursor on the Aura frame so you can input the password information and establish the connection:
- Step 1: Lay your iOS device down on a flat surface. This helps with the following steps
- Step 2: Move your index finger on the grey square (in the app) to move the cursor on your frame to the "password" field
- Step 3: Tap on the grey square once, to confirm that you want to type in the password. Then, use the text field in the app to type in the password
- Step 4: Once the password has been entered, move your index finger on the grey square again to move the cursor on your frame to "LOGIN". Tap to confirm
Proceed using the Aura app to complete the setup
Next, you will be asked to name your frame and confirm with the “Okay” button.
Invite family members to your frame or skip this step. You can invite members to your frame later
Decide whether you wish to enable notifications (e.g. when somebody likes your photos etc) or not.
Click “Let’s Go” and your frame will be connected and ready to display photos
|If you are unable to set up your frame on a corporate / non-domestic network (workplace, university, hospital, assisted living facility etc), please contact your IT / Network Administration department for help. They are likely to have a specific setup process for "Internet of Things (IOT)" devices which includes your Aura frame.|
If the information in this article hasn't helped you resolve your problem, please submit a detailed support request and Aura's Customer Care Team will help.