Aura frames come in a beautiful gift-ready box. If you order your frame from auraframes.com, you can ship it straight to the recipient and no pricing info will be enclosed to avoid spoiling the surprise. Although the frame is a great gift in itself, you can use our Gift Preparation options to further personalize it with a virtual gift message and pre-loaded photos that will appear on the frame once the recipient connects it to their WiFi network.
If you ordered a frame already, please have a look at this article that will guide you through the different options that are available to you.
Before you purchase: choose the best gift option
Aura offers virtual (you don’t have the frame) and physical (the frame is in your possession) gift preparation options that are summarised in this comparison table.
Note: if you order a frame from a retail partner and ship it directly to the recipient, you will not be able to use any Gift Preparation options. However, the frame will still be a great present!
Summary: which gift preparation to choose
- Virtual Gift Preparation (auraframes.com orders only)
- You purchase the unit from auraframes.com
- You want to ship the unit straight to the recipient
- You like the idea of preparing it with photos and a virtual note while it ships
- The recipient has a smart device and can set up the frame on their WiFi
- Physical Gift Preparation
- You don’t want to - or can’t - have the unit shipped to the recipient directly (e.g. they don’t live in the US / you want to hand over the present in person)
- You liked the idea of preparing the frame with photos and a virtual note
- You may want to pre-set the recipient’s WiFi network so that the frame connects straight away (= recipient won’t need a smart
What the recipient needs to do
The gift recipient’s frame setup will depend on the gift preparation that you had chosen and whether or not you pre-set their WiFi network as part of the gift setup: