Widgets provide quick access to the most recent data from your favorite apps, including the weather, calendar events, battery life, and today's headlines. To keep this data close at hand, you can add widgets to your Home Screen.
On their iPhone or iPad, iOS users may now add an Aura widget, which will display a shuffled slideshow of photographs uploaded to one of their frames. Users of iOS 14 or later can use the widget with Aura; updating your frame is not necessary. Please be aware that this only works with iOS.
How to set up Aura as a widget?
After making sure your device is running iOS 14 or later, please double-check that you are using the most recent Aura app version.
- Go to the Home Screen page where the widget will be added, then touch and hold the backdrop of the Home Screen until the apps start to move.
- To access the widget gallery, tap the (+) Add Widget button at the top of the screen.
- Search "Aura" and then swipe left and right to see the available sizes.
- Information is shown differently depending on size e.g: the selected frame name will display for the larger size.
- Tap Add Widget when you find the desired size.
- Move the widget to the desired location on the screen while the apps are still jiggling, then press Done.
More information on how to view, edit and remove widgets can be found here.
Important points to note:
- The widget can not be used independently, it needs to be linked to an Aura Frame.
- Widgets are iOS features and our Aura Frames widget is therefore limited in terms of features and functionality:
- The widget cannot be installed on the lock screen or "Always On Display" (for the iPhone 14 Pro).
- The widget will not mirror your frame’s slideshow exactly. It will run on its own schedule, shuffling all of the “In Slideshow” photos on the selected frame.
- The frequency of photo changes is restricted and can not be adjusted.
- The widget only offers two sizes small (2x2) and large (4x4), and it always smart-crops images to fit the square (but it will follow the cropping from your frame, if available).
- Configuration only allows one frame's content per widget, as such content from other frames can not be combined.
- The widget cannot (currently) receive new content added to the frame until the app is opened on your device.
- Videos are not supported.