Aura offers two different Photo Order modes to give you some control over the order in which the frame will display your uploaded photos. This article explains the different modes, and how you can change them, and also answers common questions.
What are the different photo order modes?
In Shuffle mode, all photos are shuffled together in a randomized order and any recently added photos will be shown within the next 100 images. To continue to be surprised by new photos displayed on your frame, we recommend you keep adding photos and invite more family and friends to be a member of your frame so they can send photos directly to your frame.
|Note: The shuffle algorithm will work most effectively when you have a few hundred uploaded photos.|
Chronological order shows all added photos by the date they were taken, oldest first. The photos will be shown in a loop that restarts once the frame has reached the photo with the most recent date.
Note: When new photos are added, they are not shown immediately. They are simply placed into the correct spot in the slideshow and will come up at the appropriate time.
How to change the photo order mode?
Use the Aura Frames app to select the frame. Then, tap on the settings icon in the top right corner. You can now select "Shuffle" or "Chronological" mode:
When you change the photo order mode, it can take up to 15 minutes for the change to take effect since the frame may complete its current photo loop first.
Changing the photo order will also affect the Carver frame model's "Photo Match" feature algorithm.
1. (Shuffle Mode) Why are my photos repeatedly displayed in the same sequence?
If you feel that the same sequence is being repeated on your screen, this is most likely due to the fact that you only uploaded a small number of files or - in rare cases - to a 'stuck' photo loop. Please try the following:
- Upload more files (we recommend a few hundred for best shuffle performance)
- Use the Aura Frames app to change the photo order to "chronological" before changing it back to "Shuffle".
2. (Chronological Mode) Why aren't my new photos displayed immediately?
When new photos are added, they are not shown immediately. They are simply placed into the correct spot in the slideshow and will come up at the appropriate time.
3. (Chronological Mode) My photos are not in the right time order.
Chronological order relies on your photos' metadata which may not always be correct, especially if your photos have been exported from another device or camera. If you discover that the dates are indeed incorrect, you can edit the dates using the Aura Frames app.
- Open your frame's "Activity" or "Photos" section and tap on the photo twice.
- You should now see the metadata screen which shows the "Taken" date.
- Tap on the pencil icon and select a new date.
- Once saved, the frame will use this data to find the right place in chronological slideshow order.
If the information in this article hasn't helped you resolve your problem, please submit a detailed support request and Aura's Customer Care Team will help.