Google Photos is a free service that offers unlimited photo cloud storage. The Aura App offers a Google Photos integration so you can easily access and submit those photos to your frame.
The Google photos integration is particularly useful if you’re looking to transfer photos from a desktop computer to an Aura frame. Simply use Google Photos’ desktop uploader to drag and drop photos into the application and make them appear within your Aura app. If you have synced an entire Google Photos album with your Aura app, the photos will immediately be sent to your frame.
How to connect your Google Account:
- Create a Google Account if you don’t have one yet
- Open the Aura app on your smart device to view your home screen
- Select the frame that you would like to link to your Google Photos account
- Tap “Add Photos”, tap Camera Roll and scroll down to the bottom of the page where it says “Connect Google Photos”
- You’ll be prompted to enter your Gmail address and password
- Once you have granted access, all of your albums and photos saved with Google (including those from your computer) will sync with the Aura app.
Once your Google Photos have synced with the Aura app you can go ahead and select individual photos or an entire Google Photos album for your frame.
Note: in order to support this feature, Aura will have to upload your entire Google Photos library to our own secure AWS servers.
How to select photos or entire albums from Google Photos
- Open the Aura app to view your home screen
- Select the frame/s in which you’d like to add the Google Photos images / or album
- Tap “Add Photos” and scroll all the way down to the “Google Photos” section
- Tap “Google Photos”
- To select individual images from your Google Photos account:
- Tap the “Photos” or “Albums” tap
- Select the photos you’d like to add to your frame/s
- Select the frame/s in which you'd like to add the checked photos and tap “Save”
- To select an entire album from your Google Photos account:
- Tap the “Albums” Tab on the top right
- Locate the album that you’d like to add to your frame/s
- Tap “Add All”, select the frame/s and tap “Save”
How to remove Google Photos images from your frame
Even if you delete a photo from your actual Google Photos album, it will continue to be displayed on your frame if you had synced it initially. You will now need to use the Aura App to manually remove the photo via the "hide" function. Find out more HERE.
Note: If you add an entire Google Album, any photos added to that album in the future will automatically sync with the album in the Aura app. This is great for your desktop images since you can use Google Photos’ desktop uploader to submit those images straight to the frame!