Google Photos is a free service that offers unlimited photo cloud storage. The Aura App offers a Google Photos integration so you can easily access and submit those photos to your frame.
The Google photos integration is particularly useful if you’re looking to transfer photos from a desktop computer to an Aura frame. Simply use Google Photos’ desktop uploader to drag and drop photos into the application and make them appear within your Aura app. If you have synced an entire Google Photos album with your Aura app, the photos will be sent to your frame.
|Note: The timing for Google Photos images to show up on your frame can vary from immediate, to same day, to a few days - generally it is pretty quick.|
Google photos is a one-way sync from Google to Aura, so once the photos are in the Aura App, they will stay there, even if you then delete them from Google Photos.
However, if an album is added to a frame, and you later delete a photo in it or simply remove it from the album, it should be removed from the frame. This may take a day or two. It will still be visible your Aura app, but it will be removed from the frame.
How to connect your Google Account:
- Create a Google Account if you don’t have one yet
- Open the Aura app on your smart device to view your home screen
- Select the frame that you would like to link to your Google Photos account
- Tap “Add Photos”, tap Camera Roll and scroll down to the bottom of the page where it says “Connect Google Photos”
- You’ll be prompted to enter your Gmail address and password
- Once you have granted access, all of your albums and photos saved with Google (including those from your computer) will sync with the Aura app.
Once your Google Photos have synced with the Aura app you can go ahead and select individual photos or an entire Google Photos album for your frame.
|Note: in order to support this feature, Aura will have to upload your entire Google Photos library to our own secure (AWS) servers.|
How to select photos or entire albums from Google Photos
- Open the Aura app to view your home screen
- Select the frame/s in which you’d like to add the Google Photos images / or album
- Tap “Add Photos” and scroll all the way down to the “Google Photos” section
- Tap “Google Photos”
- To select individual images from your Google Photos account:
- Tap the “Photos” or “Albums” tap
- Select the photos you’d like to add to your frame/s
- Select the frame/s in which you'd like to add the checked photos and tap “Save”
- To select an entire album from your Google Photos account:
- Tap the “Albums” Tab on the top right
- Locate the album that you’d like to add to your frame/s
- Tap “Add All”, select the frame/s and tap “Save”
Note: If you add an entire Google Album, any photos added to that album in the future will automatically sync with the album in the Aura app. This is great for your desktop images since you can use Google Photos’ desktop uploader to submit those images straight to the frame! if you add an entire
How to remove individual Google Photos images from your frame
Even if you delete an individual photo from your actual Google Photos album, it will continue to be displayed on your frame if you had synced it initially. You will now need to use the Aura App to manually remove the photo via the "hide" function. Find out more HERE.
How to remove the entire Google Photos integration from your frame
You can disconnect your Google Photos library from the Aura app by opening the app and tapping on the settings icon in the top right corner. This will take you to your account settings and you can deactivate Google Photos from there.