Google Photos is a free service that offers unlimited photo cloud storage. The Aura App offers a Google Photos integration so you can easily access and submit those photos (with a 50-megapixel photo limit) to your frame.
|Note: Google Photos does not support video upload to your frame. If you want to upload videos, please submit them from your device library using your device ''share sheet'' : Using the Share Sheet|
You can use Google Photos to:
- Select individual photos (up to 50 megapixel) for your frame(s)
Sync entire Google Photos albums with the frame (mirroring any new photos added)via the Aura app's "auto-add" function.
- Note: Google Photos does not allow us to sync (auto-add) the "Favorites" album. All other Google Photos albums can be auto-added.
When you select photos for the frame upload, those photos will remain on the frame, even if you then delete them from Google Photos. In order to also remove those photos from the frame, you will have to use the "remove" option within the app itself.
However, if you use the auto-add app option to sync an entire Google Photos album with your frame , any photos that you delete from within that Google Photos album will also disappear from your frame. This may take a day or two. It will still be visible in your Aura app, but it will be removed from your frame.
|Note: Depending on the amount of photos and the Google Photos platform itself, it can take a while for the selected photos to be displayed in the app. Generally, it is pretty quick, but on rare occasions it can take a few days.|
How to connect your Google Account:
- Create a Google Account if you don’t have one yet.
- Open the Aura app on your smart device and tap the "A" icon to view your home screen.
- Select the frame that you would like to link to your Google Photos account.
- Tap “Add Photos”, to be directed to the photo selector page. Note, the app will now show you all individual photos, not your albums.
- Important: Tap on the top Camera Roll (iOS) or Photos (Android) button to change from individual photo view to album view. Your app will then show any albums that it can see (on your smart device or Google Photos account):
- Then, scroll down to the bottom of the page where it says “Connect Google Photos”.
You’ll be prompted to enter your Gmail address and password and to access the required permissions for the Aura app to 'see' your Google Photos photos.
Note: you are not giving Aura access to see or use your Google Photos files and data. Access rights will merely enable the app to present your photos so you can select and upload them.
- Once you have granted our app access, all of your albums and photos saved in Google Photos will be displayed in the Aura app. Usually, this happens very quickly, but occasionally it can take up to a few days.
When your Google Photos have synced with the Aura app you can go ahead and select individual photos or an entire Google Photos album for your frame.
How to select photos or entire albums from Google Photos
- Open the Aura app and tap on the "A" icon to view your home screen.
- Select the frame/s in which you’d like to add the Google Photos images / or album.
- Tap “Add Photos” to get directed to the photo selector page.
- Tap on the top "Camera Roll" (iOS) or "Photos" (Android) button to change the photo source to album level. The app will then show you any available albums that it can see (on your smart device or in Google Photos)
- Then, scroll all the way down to the "Google Photos" section.
- Select the Google Photos album that you would like to add to the frame, but remember that Google's "Favorites" album cannot be synchronised.
To select individual images from your Google Photos account:
- Select the photos you'd like to add to your frame(s)
- Select the frame(s) in which you'd like to add the checked photos and tap "Save"
To select and sync an entire album from your Google Photos account:
- Make sure you have created a photo album in your Google Photos account
- Locate the Google Photos album that you'd like to add to your frame(s)
- Tap "Select All" and enable auto-add so that Aura will automatically add any new photos from this album to the frame:
|Note: If you use "Auto-Add" to add an entire Google Photos album, any photos added to that album in the future will automatically sync with the album in the Aura app. This is great if you want to upload photos from your computer since you can use Google Photos' desktop uploader to submit those images straight to the frame!|
How to remove individual Google Photos images from your frame
Even if you delete an individual photo from your actual Google Photos album, it will continue to be displayed on your frame if you had synced it initially. You will now need to use the Aura App to manually remove the photo via the "hide" function. Find out more HERE.
How to remove the entire Google Photos integration from your frame
You can disconnect your Google Photos library from the Aura app by tapping on the "A" icon and selecting "View Account". This will take you to your account settings and you can deactivate Google Photos in the "Photo Library" menu. Simply tap on it and confirm removal. NOTE: this will remove all Google Photos from your Aura app and the frame.
If the information in this article hasn't helped you resolve your problem, please submit a detailed support request and Aura's Customer Care Team will help.