Although Aura Frames have been designed for use with a residential WiFi connection, it is possible to connect your Aura Frame via a hotspot. Under certain circumstances, this may be a useful option for some customers.
If you are looking to connect your frame to Wifi via a hotspot, please be aware of the following stipulations:
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet as the hotspot, you must have a separate smartphone or tablet to complete the setup using the Aura app - One phone/tablet will act as the 'router' (= emitting WiFi via the hotspot) the other phone/tablet will be required to set up the connection
- In order for the frame to display photos, it must be connected to WiFi. If you are using a hotspot, you will need to reconnect the frame every time you turn off or deactivate the hotspot
- Photos displayed on Aura Frames use approximately 1-3MB of data. While using a hotspot, a frame will use a significant amount of data, depending on the shuffle time set for the frame (see here for further details)
If you are still looking to connect your Aura Frame via a hotspot, please follow the steps below:
- First, make sure your smartphone or tablet has Bluetooth enabled
- Connect your smartphone or tablet to your hotspot, before plugging in the frame and opening the Aura app. Please ensure you are standing close enough to the frame to enable the Bluetooth connection
For advice on how to enable your hotspot, please click the relevant link below:
- Then, follow the video guide or steps below:
- Open your Aura App and tap the "A" menu icon in the top left corner
- Scroll down and tap '+NEW FRAME' at the bottom of your screen
- Follow the steps "It's For Me" and continue through the remaining connection steps.
- Once your frame is connected to WiFi, you can begin displaying photos!