Connecting your Aura frame with Amazon Alexa allows you to control your frame and view various photos using Aura's voice commands! Remember that each command needs to begin with "Alexa, open Aura frame" before requesting a further action.
Follow the steps below to connect your Amazon Alexa with Aura:
- First ensure the Aura app is open and running in the background of your phone.
- Next, download the Amazon Alexa app on your device and create an account if you don't already have one.
- In the Amazon Alexa App tap the icon on the top left and scroll to where you see 'Skills and Games'.
- Tap the magnifying glass on the top right and type 'Aura frames' in the search field.
- Once you have found the Aura frame "skill," click "enable" and follow the steps to confirm your account. You'll be required to enter the email address and password associated with the Aura Account. Click "Submit."
- Now, that you've linked Amazon Alexa with Aura you'll be able to use Alexa's voice commands to control your frame.
Amazon Alexa voice commands include the below:
- "Alexa, next photo" - To advance the photo on your frame.
- "Alexa, previous photo" - To view the previous photo on your frame.
- "Alexa, where was that photo taken" - To hear where the photo was taken.
- "Alexa, when was that photo taken?" - To hear when the photo was taken.
- "Alexa, change frame" - Switch between multiple frames in the Aura app.
You can also ask Amazon to find photos from an event or point in time that haven't already been selected for your frame. The Aura app will search your camera roll for photos that match your request and display them on your frame. For example:
- "Alexa, show me a photo from Thanksgiving last year"
- "Alexa, show me a photo from Australia"
- "Alexa, show me a photo from Hawaii in 2015"