While Aura currently does not offer any app for computers or Mac Books, you can use the free iCloud or Google Photos services to build a bridge between the photos on your computer and the Aura App. You can then use the Aura App on your smart device to send selected photos straight to your frame.
Using Google Photos
The Google Photos integration is a great tool if you’re looking to transfer photos from a desktop computer to an Aura frame. The free Google Photos service offers unlimited photo cloud storage and a desktop uploader which allows you to easily drag and drop photos into the application which will then sync with the Aura app.
How to link the Aura app with your Google Photos account:
- Open the Aura app to view your home screen
- Select the frame that you would like to link to your Google Photos account
- Tap “Add Photos” and scroll down to the bottom of the page where it says “Add Google Photos”
- You’ll be prompted to enter your Gmail address and password
- Once you have granted access, all of your albums and photos saved with Google (including those from your computer) will sync with the Aura app.
You can now use the Aura app’s “add photos” feature to select “Google Photos” and send individual photos - or entire albums - to your frame/s. For more information please look at our dedicated Google Photos article.
Using Apple’s iCloud (iPhone / iPad required)
Similar to Google Photos, Apple’s free iCloud service allows your different devices (phone, tablet, desktop computer) to upload selected photos to Apple’s secure cloud storage.
Once you activate “Photo Syncing” in your iPhone or iPad iCloud settings, you will see all your photos - including those on your computer - in your photo library. Using the Aura app’s “Add photos” option, you will now be able to see and select the synced photos from your computer to send them to your frame(s).
Note: If you need more help with your individual iCloud setup, please contact Apple Support directly or read Apple’s iCloud support article.