We've created this article to help you set up a frame that you purchased for yourself or that you received as a gift. This article complements the Aura User Manual that should have come with your frame.
|This article explains how to set up a new frame. If you want to use Aura's Gift Setup options to prepare a frame as a present for somebody else, please have a look at the different gift setup options and FAQs.
Setting up your new frame with the free Aura app
- Unless you have already done so, download the ‘Aura Frames’ app from GooglePlay or the Apple App store on your smart device and create a free Aura account.
- Unbox your frame and plug it in. A 4-digit code will appear on the frame display.
- Open the Aura app and tap on "+NEW FRAME" to set up the new frame. If you are using the Aura app for the first time, you won't see this button but get directed directly to the next screen.
- IMPORTANT: select “it’s for me” since otherwise the frame will be set up as a gift.
- Enter the 4-digit Bluetooth code from your frame’s display into the Aura app. This initial Bluetooth connection between your frame and your smart device is only necessary to connect the frame to your WiFi. Afterwards, the frame will be connected to WiFi only.
If you run into any issues with the Bluetooth connection, please follow the troubleshooting steps in this FAQ.
- Your app will now show you a list of all available WiFi networks. Select your network and enter the WiFi password. Once your frame has connected to your network, it will display a “Connected! Please add photos in the Aura App” message.
- Finally, give your frame a name and consider inviting friends and family members that you would like to contribute to your frame.
- If the frame was a gift, the giver may have uploaded a digital gift message and some photos in advance. Once the frame is connected, they will show up on your frame display. If this is not the case, and you know that the giver had prepared the frame with preloaded content, you can contact them to ask for the “Claim Code”. This is explained in this article.
- You can now have a look at this article since it gives you an overview of the different features that the Aura app offers: Navigating the Aura App.
If you are running into any connection issues during the setup, please have a look at this troubleshooting section.
If you need further help, please submit a detailed support request so that our Customer Care team can assist you further.