|Depending on the reset, you may lose all uploaded photos. Please only attempt this upon request from Aura's Customer Care team.|
1) Different ways to reset a frame
On rare occasions, you may have to reset your Aura frame to factory settings and there are two different ways of doing so:
A. "Hardware" Reset
Sticking a pin or paper clip into the frame's reset hole to reset the frame . Once you have set up the frame again, your frame content and contributors can be restored by the Customer Care team. This reset option is a potential troubleshooting step that Aura may recommend in case of certain product behavior.
B. "Software" Reset
Using the Aura Frames app to reset the frame and to permanently delete all content and contributors. If you use this option, Aura will NOT be able to restore the content when you set up the frame again. This is the best reset option if you no longer use a frame and want to ensure that all your content gets removed (e.g. selling it / passing it on as a gift).
2) Performing a "Hardware" Reset
Each Aura frame comes with a special reset hole that you can find on the bottom r the back of the frame, usually near the power cable adaptor. For some frames (Smith, Sawyer), you may have to remove the stand to find it.
Carver/Buddy Carver Luxe
Mason Luxe Sawyer
Once you have located the reset pinhole, please keep the frame connected to power and follow these steps:
- Press a small paperclip into the reset hole until you hear a soft click or feel that the button has been pressed.
- Maintain the pressure for 10-15 seconds until the screen goes dark and you see a "Factory Data Reset" message on the display.
- You can now withdraw the paperclip while the frame resets itself and displays an "Erasing" message.
- Once completed, the frame will turn on again and display the Aura stock image with the 4-digit Bluetooth pairing code. The actual image may vary by model but the code is the actual confirmation that the reset was successful.
- If you didn't see the "Factory Data Reset" or "Erasing" message and your frame doesn't display the 4-digit code either, please repeat the process. You may need to try this multiple times.
Next, open your Aura Frames app, tap on the "A" icon in the top left corner and scroll down to the "+ New Frame" option to set up the frame again as per these steps:Setting up a new Aura Frame (VIDEO).
3) Performing a "Software" Reset
In order to irreversibly reset an Aura frame, please go to this dedicated FAQ and follow the steps in section 2: Removing the frame from everybody's app with factory reset.
|When using this reset option, you will not be able to restore the reset frame's content or contributors and you'll have to start the new frame from scratch (Video FAQ).|