The Aura App allows you to select existing albums that you have created on your smart device and to upload some/all of the photos or videos to your frame. This includes shared iCloud albums if you have an iOS device. Note: Uploading Albums from your computer is not possible as explained in this article.
Although you can upload multiple albums to the frame, the frame will always display all uploaded photos/videos in a random or chronological fashion, depending on your settings. Album-based playlists are currently not available.
|Note (iOS users): if the Aura app doesn't display all your device photos/albums, you have probably limited the app's photo access permissions during the initial app setup. To make all your photos/albums visible to the Aura app, open your iOS device Settings, select the Aura app and change the Media permissions to "All Media". Find out more HERE|
Adding an Album to a frame:
Open the Aura app, tap on the "A" setting to select your frame, and scroll down to tap on the yellow "Add Photos" button:
Tap on the "Camera Roll" (iOS) or "Photos" (Android) icon on the top to change from Individual Photo to Album selection view.
Your Aura app will now display all existing albums on your smart device (unless you limited the Aura iOS app permissions):
Select an album of your choice and tap "Select All" to select all the photos that are currently in that album.
You will now be offered to enable "Auto-Add" which will effectively sync this album with your frame:
If you enable it: your entire album will be synced with the frame and any future photos that you add to the album (on your smart device) will automatically show up on your frame.
If you don't enable it: the selected photos will be added to your frame, but the album will not get synced with your frame. If you add more photos to the photo album (on your smart device), they will not automatically show up on your frame unless manually added.
- Select if you want to add (or sync) this album with one - or multiple frames - and confirm by tapping on the yellow "Add Album" button.
- If you enabled Auto-Add, your synced album will now be shown in the top section of your frame's photo section:
Removing an 'Auto-Added' (= synced) Album from a frame:
At any time, you can disable the "Auto-Add" feature to un-sync a particular album from your frame. The app will then offer you to:
- Un-sync the album but keep already uploaded media on your app/frame
- Un-sync the album and also delete the media from your app/frame (but not from your device's library)
Here is how you can disable 'Auto-Add' for individual albums:
- Open the Aura app and select the frame that you want to un-synch an album from.
- In the frame view, tap on the album that you want to un-sync.
- Click on "Edit" in the top right corner:
- Disable Auto-Add and choose whether you want to remove or keep already uploaded photos from that album:
If the information in this article hasn't helped you resolve your problem, please submit a detailed support request and Aura's Customer Care Team will help.